Friday, October 25, 2013

10/19/2013 NaNoWriMo

Say what?!
If you're not a writer, you probably are not familiar with National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). It's the time of the year where people who are passionate about writing get together and celebrate writing by writing.
Wow, what a concept!
Each participant will attempt to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. The expectation is 50k, but based on my previous novels, The Lich War is going to be between 90 and 100k. It will probably be closer to 100k based on what I have for the outline. The Lich War will cover more story and more geography than either of the first two novels. I've also learned a lot from writing the first two, so I expect The Lich War to be more complex than my other books. Even more complex than The Legacy of Shatara (which was 125k words).
There are at least four different "main characters" in the Lich War. There are also going to be sub-plots involving some familiar characters as well as new characters that were introduced in Gaelan True-Blood.
The Lich War is going to be huge, but if I can get to 50k by the end of November, it will only be another month or two before it's finished. I hope to have it released by April or May of next year.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment