Friday, October 25, 2013

10/6/2013 Beyond The Never-Born

So, after the Never-Born is complete, I plan to write a screenplay for Hollywood. I have a few connections back in LA from my days in Film School and I hope one of them pans out. I'd really love to have one of my stories on the big screen. My history trying to get The Legacy of Shatara (the screenplay version) sold kind of soured me on how fantasy is done in Hollywood, but I don't want to let that stop me.
Screenplays don't take long to write. I wrote Legacy of Shatara, or most of it anyway, in a three month span and that ended up earning me an A in screenwriting and was given an runners-up prize in an LA screenplay competition.

So after the new screenplay (which I haven't completely decided on the story for), I'm going to be moving on to my next trilogy, The Shield, which has been in the planning stages for a couple years now. That is going to be even more epic than The Never-Born and will introduce a new world where religion and magic intertwine. It's going to be about the difference between what religious leaders tell us and the truth about the gods that watch over us. A very interesting dichotomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment